Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

If your ex suddenly "turned" gay and he lives with his boyfriend, would you feel comfortable with your child spending time with him and his lover ?


Asked by gwen20 at 2:23 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Relationships

Level 35 (71,622 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • First off you don't just turn gay, you are born that way. I would be fine with it. It is no different than if he were to leave and have another woman.

    Answer by bcauseimthemom at 3:28 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

  • If you trusted your ex with your child when you were together, then I think you have to trust him now. As far as the boyfriend, maybe you should get to know him a little so that you feel more comfortable. In any new situation involving children, I think all parties need to sit down and set some ground rules. You should all be on the same page as far as discipline and stuff too. Maybe your DH is worried about new relationships you might have too. Just sit down and talk it all out.

    Answer by momofkids at 8:08 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

  • Me personally.

    Sure, I would be completely comfortable and have no issues with my child spending the night in their home.

    I do not believe someone just suddenly turns gay and I do not believe that there is anything wrong with homosexuality. It just is what it is, and a person is who they are. Just like it is in regards to heterosexuality. Therefore, I would have no issues with this type of situation.

    Answer by pixie_trix at 8:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

  • I would be just as comfortable with that as with a new gf. Which probably isn't very comfortable, lol. I am wary of anyone who my son will look at as a role model and I feel like if my husband was my ex and had a new partner (or whatever sex) I would feel nervous about it.

    Answer by ILoveCade at 2:49 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

  • I wouldn't feel uncomfortable with it being another man, that has nothing to do with it for me. I would however be uncomfortable with a new partner of either sex (like the first post said) if I did not feel they were behaving appropriately in front of my child or if I felt like that person was not a good influence on my child. Male or female, it has nothing to do with it.

    Answer by AprilDJC at 3:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

  • No I would not be comfortable with it, but it's his child too so he a right to see his father even if he lives with an man. Hopefully he will keep his sexual life away from little eyes but don't keep him from his father.
    He deserves both or your love

    Answer by dusty1962 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

  • Well, learn to get comfortable. He has a right to see his child just as much as you do. He will have to get comfortable with having his child around anyone you choose to be with. I know it's hurtful and it's hard the way your relationship ended with your husband, I feel for you. But you have to think of your child now.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

  • No.

    Answer by HKing01 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 4, 2011