Kicking so out. But need some info about lease

My leasing offce wont just take him off the lease right? Even if I qualify by myself? if hes left on it I have a feeling he may come over when he leadesand if I change the locks he can just go to the office I also need advice with confroting him about leaving. He knows we aeent doing well but he has very bad anger problems has gotten physically violent with me in the past so I want it to b as calm as posdible when confronting and not do anything that will make him go off the edge. Advice? Please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• When he pleases*

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:31 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I would explain that you are starting a new living situation. Ask them if you can have a new lease starting now with just you on it. If you are committing to another year, they will probably make some allowances. They probably won't change the old lease though.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 8:04 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Why would you confront someone you know has anger issues? I'd find my own place and move when I was certain he would not be home for several hours.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:48 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• That's odd that they won't let you take him off the lease. when does your original lease end? maybe after that ends ask to be moved to another unit or look somewhere else. My job owns properties in Michigan and when they have two or more in a unit and the other wants out they let them and have them sign saying the other parties can keep the deposit.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Well since you know he can be violent you need to have someone other there when you talk to him or kick him out. a Male friend, brother or even a Police officer.
    Then I would get a restraining order against him make sure he gets all his belongs out so he as no reason to come back and if he breaks the order he will go straight to jail. Don't take him back once you kick him out either because he will get worse.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I have had a similiar lease issue . . . . they refused to take me off. I think mom has the right idea, they might be able to just start a year in a new one. They might need your SO signature, though . . . because he could sue them for terminating his lease without his consent.

You might have to agree to pay your SO half of the lease until the end, and then crash with a friend for a while.

I would have someone with you when you talk to him about the relationship. Have your stuff out already. Or, just get out and leave him a note that you will mail the leasing office half month's rent once a month.

?? How long do you have left on the lease?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2011