Military and medical marijuanna

Now I have back chronic headaches that turn into migraines around the time my aunt flo arrives. She also gives me nausea so I'm pretty much knocked on my ass for the first couple of days. I have been to back rehab with full chiropractic, massage and physical therapy treatment. Since I have not improved at all in two months they told me to go on maintainence and that I'm not going to get better. So I am frusterated now and in pain still. So I am looking to medical marijuanna for my pain relief. I can't take any strong pain meds not even tramadol or Tylenol A because tehy all make me horrably violently sick. But I have heard that military members have gotten kicked out because their spouse uses pot. Not because the service member popped or had said substance on their person, but simply because their spouse had a card for and used medical marijuanna. Is this true?

Agian hubby wouldn't smell like it because I prolly would take the pills ergo no smoke no chance to smell or get second hand smoke. And I can't get strerilized yet I am only 26 and I am being REFUSED any form of sterilization even though I have two kids and do not want anymore have not wanted anymore for 2 years now. I am too young and they keep telling me no. If I have my uterus removed doesn't that make me a phsycho? Like more hormonally imbalanced?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't understand why this would happen it is for medical purposes and our govt gives it out.

Answer by older at 8:04 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• The military has a zero tolerance policy where drugs are concerned. There is no way to differentiate the smoke from actually smoking it and second hand smoke.

I used to have the same symptoms you describe. The only time I was free was when I was pregnant. I had to have an emeregency partial hysterectomy a few years ago. When my uterus went so did my headeaches/nausea. I was also freed from the lower back pain I also experienced. Have you tried the pills that only give you a period 3 or 4 times a year? If they had been around i probably would have tried them.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:36 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• From what I understand, its illegal on a post/base regardless of if its medically prescribed or if its a designer "legal" drug. I wish it wasnt because I have tons of issues and I believe it could help and that its safer than pharmaceuticals. The Military doesnt honor the cards. :(
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 9:40 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I would think so. I bet they would find it suspicious that someone showed up smelling like pot.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• if our gov gives it our for mediciaanal purpouses it should nt happen my husband was in the army i think they give u one chance or somthing like that im not really sure
    jennifer41587

Answer by jennifer41587 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Reminder: Medical Marijuana Prohibited by Federal Law

http://www.humana-military.com/south/provider/tools-resources/Bulletins-Newsletters/I6-09/medical-marijuana-prohibited.asp
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Marijuana is still completely illegal at the Fed level so since the military is federally run this makes sense. The Feds still insist there are no medicinal uses unfortunately so even in a state where it's legal, with a script for the spouse. it could be a problem.

It's bs and sucks but that's how it is for now.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2011