Would you rather let your child starve, or have them eat something that isn't very healthy?

Please pick one or the other..this is a serious question that was inspired by an answer to another question. I want to know what yall would do in such a (clearly hypothetical) situation.

-AJ

Asked by -AJ at 3:33 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Also, starvation isn't very healthy. Eating what is 'unhealthy' is a whole lot healthier then nothing at all.
    JoyfulJ

Answer by JoyfulJ at 11:54 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Something that wasn't very healthy, but if by starving you mean that the child would just be missing a meal for a couple of hours I might consider just waiting. It depends on how long it would be before they could eat again and what the choice of the unhealthy food was.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:46 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Give them something unhealthy.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 5:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• r u kidding me someone said they would let their kid starve?? what a bad mother i would rather give my son unhealthy food than no food anyone who doesn't is abusive!!
    Ericaca

Answer by Ericaca at 11:07 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• WOW...i would definetly give my child something unhealthy instead of letting them starve. My youngest son was in the less than 1% on the charts. He was only 12 pounds at 7 months old. We are trying to find out if it is genetic or for some other reason. He was diagnosed with Failure to Thrive and it broke my heart. He had some feeding issues, that have now been resolved, but he is still underweight. i have a dietitian working with us and at first all she wanted me to feed him was high calorie foods. At first i had a hard time with that, but now i see that our first goal was to put weight on him and the healthy foods would come later.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Well obviously I would let them eat something that isn't very healthy if it was choose between that or starving lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:35 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Eat something that isn't healthy, we do that anyway, lol. Who in their right mind would let their kid starve over some McDonalds or something?
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 3:44 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I would choose life over death

Answer by rkoloms at 4:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• well that easy, i would rather them eat something not so healthy.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:41 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I would give them somethings not very healthly then to see them starve.
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 7:11 AM on Mar. 4, 2011