Have you upgraded your ring?

Have you gotten a new wedding or engagement ring as you have been married longer? If you have upgraded did you keep the original ring or rings or did you just go bigger?

bcauseimthemom

Asked by bcauseimthemom at 3:39 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Ummmm I kinda upgraded mine after my divorce! My EX sent me HIS ring in the mail.......I pawned mine and got a really nice ring for myself after the divorce was finalized!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Woohoo.... that sounds like what I did after my divorce from my first husband....
    bcauseimthemom

Comment by bcauseimthemom (original poster) at 3:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I kept the same engagement ring, a heart shaped solitaire, but instead of the band with a row of tiny round diamonds, I got a band with larger diamonds, 5, intersperced with channel set rubies. Now I wear one band on either side of my engagement ring. It really looks nice.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:06 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• No. But I am considering having it re-made - the setting is very weak so I never wear it, and a friend of ours makes jewelry, we just haven't had the time to go to him and see if he can re-make mine. DH is all for it, he's the one who suggested it in the first place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I have upgraded. i did not keep my ring for myself but i am holding it for my oldest son when for whenever he gets to that point in his life. My old one was nice but but new one is even better.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 4, 2011