how can get my baby to drink juice?

he is 9 months old now and still doesn't like juice too much, every baby I know sucks it down from the bottles, we get the Gerber juices , i've tried em all and he takes 2 sips and the turns his head. I don't know what to do

courtneyln

Asked by courtneyln at 8:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He might not be ready for it. Are you watering down the juice? Juicy Juice is 100% juice and is OK for babies if it's watered down (about half juice and half water).

If he doesn't like juice then there's not much you can do. He might like it later on. Try again in a month or so.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 9:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Babies don't need juice. If he doesn't want it, just let him be. Right now he stays hydrated by drinking formula/breastmilk. There's no need to push the juice. My daughter is two and a half and still won't drink juice. She likes water, which is healthier anyway.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 9:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Why do you want him to drink juice? Does he eat fruit? That is better for him anyway. Unless he is constipated, juice isn't necessary, it will just give him more of a sweet tooth.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 10:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Be very thankful he does not like juice. It is really bad for their teeth and my pediatric dentist says to skip it all together because it causes tooth decay and has high sugar content and empty calories. Stick to infant formula or breast milk (or a small amount of water) until the baby is a year old and then switch to whole milk. Juice is bad and ruins childrens appetite and sets them up to prefer sweets over healthy foods
    hollysue

Answer by hollysue at 10:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Maybe your baby is incredibly smart! It's so much better for him to consume raw organic Juices made by a juicer at home! Gerber
    doesn’t care as much as you do! May I suggest reading Green for life by Victoria Boutenko?
    Geneie

Answer by Geneie at 11:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Juice is basically empty calories. None of my kids get it. Offer fruit instead
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Mine was the same. She just didn't like juice. I finally gave up buying the expensive "Baby juices" and switched to pure juice from the regular section. The first one she liked was the fruit punch flavor from Juicy Juice. Just remember to look for the 100% juice types.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• try watering it down alittle bit
    engagedandloved

Answer by engagedandloved at 10:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2008