Wedding rings

Long story short, we've been married 15 years. I had a REALLY nice diamond ring set, which ended up getting lost about 10 years ago. We have not yet replaced my ring because we live off military pay. So I'm looking now, since we will probably be able to replace it this year. But I want something different. I don't want just diamond. I want to see if I can find a ring set that has aquamarine and opal since that is DH and my birth stones and I absolutely love those stones. Does anyone know where I could find a ring like that? Google has not been helpful! Oh and prefer not too expensive lol. I don't need anything huge and fancy :)

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 4:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Do some searches online! I'm sure there are places like that! Best of Luck to you! I know what you mean. We got engaged at 18. DH & I never could afford nice rings!! So we hoped to for our 30th Wedding Anniversary. But 2 years prior he lost his job & our insurance. And I got Triple Negative Breast Cancer! So we couldn't do it! Plus+ After the 3 disabling Chemos. I can't fit into my old rings or afford anything else!! You know if you used like birthstone rings to put your 2 favorite stones in. That could work!! As long as its what you love and want. As long as it makes you happy!!! Wishing you all your dreams coming true. And many more Anniversaries!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Go to a jewelry store and describe that to them.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:02 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• In Dallas we have a place called Dallas Gold and Silver that specializes in loose stones, they have many settings, you choose you stones and the setting you want and they create your ring. It is less expensive too bcause they are like a direct to the public wholesaler. Look in your yellow pages for a jewelry company that specializes in loose stones and go from there, good luck! I hd a sapphire solitaire made for my practice marriage, lol, the marrriage ended but the ring is beautiful, no one has one like it!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 5:17 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Hi. If you live near an asian community...Asian jewelry are so pretty. The gold is also more yellow and it is cheaper than American places. Be careful of fakes though.
    AlyssaM0mmy

Answer by AlyssaM0mmy at 5:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My DH had my ring made. Go to a jeweler and ask. I'm not sure how accommodating chain jewelery stores would be, maybe someone else has that experience, but I know that some smaller jewelers usually will do special orders.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Go to a trusted jeweler,and design your own.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I think you need to design your own definitely! :) Have fun!
    Peggs11

Answer by Peggs11 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2011