Has anyone taken dietary management training or know about it?

They are offering a class for Dietary Management Training at the community college. I was thinking of taking this to get my foot in the door at a hospital/long term care facilacity while I work on my RN degree. I am asking around to find out pros and cons of this type of work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Money & Work

• My mom is a dietary manager at a hospital. She's done it for years. She does occasional continuing education courses to keep herself up to date on training and different procedures and techniques. I say go for it.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 11:24 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My grandma was the dietary manage of a nursing home facility for @17 years before she retired. She liked it, but just like anywhere there was a lot of drama from her kitchen workers. They complained about everything. And she just got to old to put up with that. She was over the menues, ordering the food, the kitchen staff, scheduling, etc. She did make good money though.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 11:41 AM on Nov. 21, 2008