Do u shop at the dollar store? what are some good deals you've gotten there ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 4:57 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I really just like buying greeting cards there, like for kids birthdays and things like that. The cards are 2 for $1, and while some of them are a little cheesy, there are some really cute ones too. Beats paying $3 per card elsewhere. Kids won't know whether it's a Hallmark or not, lol.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I shop at the Dollar Tree, it's my favorite. You can get really cute mylar balloons inflated with helium for $1 instead of $4 like in any other store, and the gift wrap, gift bags, dish rags and dish towels, hair ties, storage baskets, coloring books, puzzle books, party favors, party decorations. All for $1. Can't beat it lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:16 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I love the greeting cards too and the balloons at the dollar tree, i buy y husband colonge there, he uses alot of it and i was spending $20 a month so i switched to this stuff. I buy art supplies, and body wash, sometimes you can get the name brand stuff, they had so softsoap kind, whe i went to walmart it was 3.50, you can save alot of money.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:01 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I shop at 99 cent store. Some of the groceries are cheap. A 6-pack of tomotoes, lemons, a dozen eggs. The bell peppers are 79 cents. Bagels. Just to name a few.
    AlyssaM0mmy

Answer by AlyssaM0mmy at 6:08 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• sometimes, card, outdoor toys/ bubbles etc. dog toys and treats, and holiday decor! and things for the kids school projects and fun days
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I do a LOT of crafts with my toddlers but seeing as though they are 2 and 3 i dont see the point in buying expensive crayons or construction paper that will just be torn up. i buy wrapping paper there and sometimes other part supplies.
    LadyOsgood

Answer by LadyOsgood at 9:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I do! Greeting cards, gift bags, bows, zip-lock food containers, kids books, holiday items for kids baskets and such, and a lot more. I don't go there a lot, but always get some good stuff when I go.

BandME

Answer by BandME at 8:41 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Honestly, I have found the best (for me anyway) teeth whitening gel and mouth piece thing a majig at the dollar tree, may not be the greatest but it works and come on it's a dollar...
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 2:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• No. Cheap goods like those found in dollar stores are part of the reason jobs are leaving the US.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Dollar Tree, ziploc bags, garlic bread in the freezer, cleaning supplies, suduku books, toys and cards
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2011