What would you say are the signs of an emotionaly abusive relationship and how many people think they are in one now?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 5:06 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• That's a tough question. I would say lowered self esteem and depression. I know I'm not in one that's why I find it difficult to answer.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 5:34 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I was in one once, to me the signs were him telling me i wasn't any good and that nobody else would ever want me, but at the same time he was timing how long i was gone to go to the store. he said that my famiy didn't love me, he would make me feel like i was nothing.
    If you are in one then i hope you will get out. It will do so much to your self esteem. I was with this guy from 18-21 and i have never let another guy treat me that way.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:57 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I was in one...with my mother. She would always have a hateful comment to say about me or to me. She would put me down in front of other people. For example, she would call me a "slut" or "whore" when she was with her friends (She knew I was a virgin). She would compare me with with other girls, me getting the bad trait. She would never be happy for me. She would always be mean to me unless I gave her money or nice presents. (I was trying to buy her love, then) It is an endless cycle unless you get yourself out...
    AlyssaM0mmy

Answer by AlyssaM0mmy at 6:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2011