When people cheat they sometimes use the excuse that humans are not monogamous by nature...

sunglasses miniwhat are your views??

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 5:12 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• That is a load of SH*%. If a guy/myDH said that to me. I would probably slap him. and ask him if you feel that way why did you get married then and waist 22 years of my life.

Answer by louise2 at 5:39 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• It's not part of our genetic heritage to wear clothing, eat refined sugar or Tweet our every thought either. But we do those things, and a million more, every single day. Whether or not human beings are designed to be monogamous or not isn't the point, it's our choices as individuals that define our humanity.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:35 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Lol, if my S.O cheated on me and gave me that as an excuse I would laugh too hard to be mad. Then I'd get mad again. I've never cheated, so I have to say everyones different, but I'm monogamous by nature.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 5:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• @ jenn4443- if my hubby used that as an excuse I WILL hit him. Then he will go in the freezer in some storage facility until the day I die. LOL. I got that from the news...Some lady did and told her kids on her deathbed.

Did he mean "human nature" or it is in "his nature"?
    AlyssaM0mmy

Answer by AlyssaM0mmy at 6:15 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I think it is a bunch of bunk. I think that so many excuses are made for cheaters that it has become "second" nature for people to believe that it's okay to cheat. It is hollywoodized to where it is cool to cheat. It falls in with wanting what you want instead of what you have. You talk to someone who was raised with good morals who follow them...and they don't cheat nor do the other 1,000 of things that is sensationalized on Tv and in the press. Sorry, I'm highly opinionated on this...it's not okay to cheat, and it's not second nature to cheat, it's an excuse that has been made to explain why their are idiots in the world. :D
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:23 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• That is a bunch of bull and an excuse for that kind of behavior.

Answer by older at 7:39 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I am not religious, but I always thought that part of religion was overcoming our nature. So, maybe it is our nature. Maybe it is human nature to kill our neighbors and be territorial too. That doesn't mean we have to do it. Part of what separates us from animals is our ability to think and use morals.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 7:54 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• That is BULLSH** If thats the way that some look at it they should tell someone up front.
    curciedanielle

Answer by curciedanielle at 8:35 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I saw this on T.V and I think it can be true! I also think that things have gotten a lot worse over the years with cheating going on in this world and marriage is not as sacred as it once was!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 5:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• If my husband used that as an excuse i would probally hit him.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:53 AM on Mar. 4, 2011