When you host a home party, are you motivated by extra incentives?

Do you do more to get outside orders, encourage guests to bring friends, book parties, etc. if the consultant offers incentives beyond those the company offers?

Nonoluna

Asked by Nonoluna at 7:30 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Shopping

• I have never encountered a line of products, sold through parties, that I would be interested in.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:13 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I don't go above & beyond to coerce orders - it's like the preschool saying "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit" - I'm going to get what I'm going to get and I'm going to be happy with what I get. That said, I rarely host parties ;). I like them, but I know people around here get bombarded with some stuff, so I just avoid it til I need stuff from a certain company.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• The best thing I have found to work is giving an extra free gift for hosts who get X amount of orders. For example if they get 15 orders I'll give them $15 in extra free products and then for each additional 5 orders they'll get an additional $2.50 in free products... Since each order is going to average $15 or $20 I still come out on top...

I have honestly only been the HOST a few times and there were really lousy benefits each time. In fact come to think of it I through away my hostess gift from the last one cause it sucked! Which is why I give them a $ amount rather than a certain product... I just knock it off their personal order.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Technically, I sell AVON, but I don't buy brochures and I would never dream of having a party. I let my friends buy stuff online, if they want stuff.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 7:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• no I just get what I get
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 1:03 AM on Jun. 18, 2011