Do you prefer the traditional medical model or a natural holistic approach to health?

I go for both. To maintain health, I prefer a natural approach but if there's a problem that doesn't improve immediately, I am fine with the medical model.

Nonoluna

Asked by Nonoluna at 7:51 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Health

• I prefer a more holistic approach to health. There are too many "wrongs" with the medical model.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I do the traditional medical approach with some holistic thrown it here and there.

Answer by gemgem at 7:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Holistic and "natural" don't have to be connected. I'm happy for a holistic approach, but I like scientifically valid care.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:57 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I do a little of both. I don't give antibiotics for every ear infection and I don't give Tylenol with every little fever. I try to use natural remedies when I can. I also feel that traditional medicine has it's place for our family. We do vaccinate and go for our regular check ups as well as going to the doctor when illness last linger than it should or I can't clear it up on my own. Herbal Medicine can be just as powerful and helpful or just as dangerous with serious side effects as traditional medicine depending on how it is used and who is suggesting the doeses. Like I would trust and herbalist before the guy behind the GNC counter IMHO.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Allopathic medicine is never our first choice.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:11 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• traditional medicine is my first choice, always.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:24 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Me for one face a very few medical problems; may be because of the diet I have followed for years but then the medication depends if the medical model might have side effects then I IWR prefer natural holistic approach...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 8:28 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I look for both! How I didn't want to do my 3 Brutal disabling Chemos. But I couldn't find any other way.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 5:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2011