What does it mean?

What does it mean when you are pregnant and start having sharp pains go from ur vaginal area to ur stomach? Im only 15 weeks along

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It is probably round ligament pain. Your body will have to stretch to accomadate your baby. You are probably feeling pain in your lower regions because of the stretching of your hips and uterus. There will be more pains to follow but you will be fine. If you start to see bleeding accompanied with the pain go to the ER or call your OB.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 11:15 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• It could be your uterus growing, but it's always best to call your doctor. He or she will know better than us, especially if you can go in and get checked out. Good luck!
    heydooney

Answer by heydooney at 11:17 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Well, those pains are a part of pregnancy... Everything's moving around to accomadate the baby, I found that a heat pack on the area thats hurting really helps... I'd schedule an appointment with your ob/gyn just to be safe. I was told that unless those pains coincide with bleeding that there's nothing to worry about... I hope this helps and relax. You're a mommy now, everything's going to be great!
    Babsykins

Answer by Babsykins at 11:21 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• it means your uterus is stretching to accommodate for the baby :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I had those same pains too.. And they will go away. Its just stuff moving around and shifting out of the way for the baby.
    Poopie08

Answer by Poopie08 at 11:36 AM on Nov. 21, 2008