Do you refrigerate your syrup?

My family always put it in the refrigerator after opening and warmed it in the microwave before serving. My husband's family just put it in the pantry and used it as is. My husband laughed the first time he found the syrup in the fridge :) Now we put it in the pantry and I like that better.

mrs.coop

Asked by mrs.coop at 7:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• no but my dh did when we first met but i broke him of that. we did it with the peanut butter too which i found odd because we never did and it hard to spread cold pb on bread.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:42 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Maple syrup can spoil; we keep in the refrigerator. If you use some chemical concoction, it probably does not need to be refrigerated.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:08 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• We refrigerate it.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• no i dont. my ex use to do that and i found it a little odd too, since i had never heard of that.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Maple syrup needs to be refrigerated. The other kind doesn't.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• we put syrup and peanut butter in the refrigerator. the syrup bottle says to refrigerate, we use maple syrup. the peanut butter is too runny if left out, and it too says to refrigerate. our peanut butter is natural too.
    so like rk said, if it is filled with chemicals, the pantry is probably fine...just the food is not ; )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:50 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• We use the chemical concoction, so no - my mom always did and wouldn't warm it, so I refuse to. Real maple is assininely expensive around here so I've never bought it - DH & DS did get to try it at a restaurant last week and neither was terribly fond of it - so we'll stick with our room-temp chemical sugar combo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• We do not use syrup, but my parents do not- of course they do not use the real stuff. We like powdered sugar and lemon or orange on our cakes.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:51 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• yep I do, because we dont use it often. I'd worry it would spoil. it's just as easy to warm up in the nuker when we need it.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 7:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• No. Makes no sense who wants cold syrup on hot pancakes?
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:13 AM on Mar. 4, 2011