To Young to date?

My 11 year old Step Daughter is trying to convince us to let her start dating.
so my q to you is
what age is to young to date?
would you go on the dates with them?
make it be group date?
any advice on tween dating would be helpful!
thanks

ad_mommy

Asked by ad_mommy at 7:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• 11 is way too young, she is still a pre teen, wait for the teen years

Answer by older at 7:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I've got a while to go on this one but some of my friends have reached this stage. What they have done is a very supervised 'date' that's really an outing. The 'daters' feel special but it's completely appropriate. I would probably have issues with them going out on their own before they are 13 at the earliest and that's with me dropping off and picking up..
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:01 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• At 11 they usually want to "go around" with someone which consists of hanging around at school and maybe holding hands. I dont care about that. Group dates we usually allowed depending on maturity at around 14 yrs old. And that is a group of kids and a set of parents escorting them to and from a movie. If they go to the mall it has to be with a set of parents at the mall too.

Individual dates we waited until they were 16 yrs old.

Answer by gemgem at 8:02 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I don't have teens and have a while to go, but I think personally that 11 is to young to date. I am not letting my girls date until they are 16 although my mom didn't let us date until we were 16
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:04 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• 11 is way too young. My philosophy is the earlier kids get comfortable around the opposite sex, the earlier they start other things.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:04 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• When children start dating too young, they find themselves in sexual situations that they do not have a maturity to handle.
    The rule at our house is sixteen

Answer by rkoloms at 8:07 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• yea ll is too young i would say
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:07 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• No, please don't, the kid doesn't know the meaning as well.... She is far too young for a date. I think girls after 18 yrs of age can date...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 8:07 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• she is too young even for group dates, imo.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:09 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Our rule is they have to be in Highschool before they can go on one on one dates. Before that they can go on group dates, have a chaperon or bring them here (or go to their house IF we know the parents are home).

Unless she is SUPER SMART she's most likely in 6th or 7th grade right now, right? Not Highschool. So I would say no one on one dating yet. But I would say if she wants to date offer to chaperon, and talk to his parents about doing the same.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:15 AM on Mar. 4, 2011