Facebook problems

I had gotten an email from the facebook team that indicated someone had used my FB account somewhere in Ill. I live in Neb. and so this wasn't me. I went thru the process and changed my password. I did this from my schools computer b/c that is where I was at the time. I made sure my new password worked and didn't think anything of it. I changed the password on my phone and FB worked just fine. I came home later that night and went to get on FB and it said they needed my email and password to log in, I did this and they said it wasn't correct so I figured I mistyped and tried again being careful to hit the right keys. I know that I did it right and it will not let me log on. there is a button that says if you forgot your password click here. Well I did't forget my password however I figred whatever I will change it again so I clicked there and it says you need your password and email it always takes me back to the same page and won't let me log on but this is only on our home computer.

th

full_house

Asked by full_house at 8:08 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Technology

• I would try contacting technical support. My son had the same problem not long ago. Someone logged in from NY and we are in NC. He had a problem logging in the first time after resetting it. I dont know what happened because he came from from school at around 3-4pm and couldnt log in, by 6am the next morning he could.

Answer by gemgem at 8:11 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Facebook never sends messages like that. You've been scammed. I don't know what to tell you about the rest.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 8:11 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yeah thats a hacker!!!! That's the reason I don't post my daughter's pics on the Internet.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:18 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• ok but how do i contact tech support, I can't even get on to get that info.
    full_house

Comment by full_house (original poster) at 8:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Someone hacked into your account. Sometimes if you type the wrong password over and over it will try to hack into it. That happened to me but my son helped me out of that situation. GL, I feel for you.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:50 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I actually had the same problem. Basically the account has been hacked. They had changed my birthdate, made all my kids' age the same and said I had logged in from another unknown location. I deleted the entire account and created a new one. I even had family members saying I was talking to them while I in no way could have been.
    LisaAnn069

Answer by LisaAnn069 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2011