What is your #1 fear of labor - besides the pain???

I would have to say that mine is that I will poo on the delivery table. Sure it's funny to see in the movies as they whisk in scoop it up with the fish net....but I gotta tell ya I don't wanna do it. lol

So what is your #1 fear?

BlandBaby

Asked by BlandBaby at 8:17 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Honestly, the pain was my ONLY fear. I never worried about anything else. And as it turned out I had wonderful epidurals and never felt the pain, so I had no reason to worry at all!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:18 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• The baby should look nice....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 8:19 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My fear was that it was all on me, no one could help me out there!!!

Answer by older at 8:19 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• this is gonna sound silly.. but honestly, getting the epidural was my worst fear. even though ive had three babies and had one each time, i started getting anxious about it weeks before i delivered. i was always afraid they would do it wrong and paralyze me or something.. LOL.

i never feared pooping, that's such a normal thing to happen when you're pushing with all your might! i did actually poop with my first, and they dealt with it accordingly. nobody made a fuss over it or anything. hey, shit happens! =P
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Pain didn't bother me and I wasn't worried about it but I was worried about pooping on the table.

Everyone told me that once you were pushing, you would forget about that...I DIDN'T! After she was born, I asked my mom if I had and she told me no. I don't know if she would have told me the truth but she saw it all and I trust her so I left it at that.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:21 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Sounds silly, but I was worried about being shaved. Let me tell you, when it got to that point, I was in hard labor, and couldn't have cared less about it.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:31 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• whoah whoah whoah....getting shaved...... ????????????

Ive never been through any of this baby stuff before - - first child......so everything is new to me.....including the fact that you get shaved......ARGH!
    BlandBaby

Comment by BlandBaby (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i was worried about pooping too. i sure didnt want the nurses or doc to see that or have to deal with it. to me that would have just been embarressing.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• dont worry blandbaby they dont normally shave anymore.
    laura970

• I was gonna say...its not enough all the other stuff to deal with post delivery and then to have the itchies cuz they shaved ya...lol
    BlandBaby

Comment by BlandBaby (original poster) at 8:43 AM on Mar. 4, 2011