S/o question - if you would not take the kids to the sitter on your off days, when and how do you get things done..

like painting rooms, rearranging furniture, or even just spending a day doing what YOU want?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I didnt. I had to work around them. It sucked but so did being a single mom at the time and not having a partner to help me out. You just have to work around the kids or somehow include them so they think they are helping.

Answer by gemgem at 8:43 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• You take the kid along.
    Find things for the kid to do while you do other things. You can still have time doing what YOU want to do with the kid in tow.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:28 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I get my daughter to help me or she plays independently. We've never left my daughter with a sitter to get things done although it's a good idea for those that are into it.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:44 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• You need time for yourself. Take them to the sitter. I wish I had a sitter. Only my mom or husband watches my daughter. She starts preschool in Sept so that will be good for her and myself.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• When I worked DD was always home with me on my days off. There was nothing to GET DONE during the week. Our home was always clean, for we were away at work M-F. lol On days off DD and I went to the park, the mall, out to lunch, etc. Being a teacher I had entire summers off, so we were out and about often. The weekends were for cleaning, laundry, etc etc, for DH was home too. I am a SAH this year and my kids are with me everyday. :) Keeping up with the house has been no problem really. If I ever have an appointment or something, my mother takes them.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My DH takes care of them so I can go do my thing for a few hours!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2011