Has anyone done the pencil test to guess the sex?

There are 3 of us at work that are pregnant so yesterday we all did the pencil test. You take a sharpened pencil and insert a needle that has thread in it into the eraser and then you hold it over your wrist. If it goes up and down the length of your arm it is a boy and if it goes side to side it is a girl.

Jade knows she is having a boy so we started with her. Her test says GIRL.

Janell was next. She thinks she's is having a boy for her 3rd baby and hers came up GIRL.

And then it was my turn. From the beginning I have thought mine was a girl. The pencil was lifted and low and behold it said BOY!

So has anyone else done the test? Did it prove to be true?

BlandBaby

Asked by BlandBaby at 8:42 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, and it was wrong each time. Also did the chinese calendar and it was wrong. My own doctors guessed based on certain criteria (not ultrasound) and they were wrong once, right once. How about focusing on the baby being healthy and not the sex? I just don't get it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• It's sounding awkward....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 8:48 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Didn't do it...wouldn't have bothered either. I really didn't care if I was having a son or daughter (everyone said I was having a girl - I thought I was having a boy - I had a wonderful surprise when my daughter was born).
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:50 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• it's just fun to do all the little "games" to see how they turn out....I personally would be happy with boy or girl!
    BlandBaby

Comment by BlandBaby (original poster) at 8:50 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Ignore peoples rude comments, it's fun to do those games when your pregnant there is nothing wrong with that & of course everyone wants a healthy baby that's always # 1, but that doesn't take away the fun of wanting to do those games, I do them & all of them say I'm having a girl, it'll be funny if it turns out a boy lol, but I'll be happy with a boy or girl after all It's my child & Ima love it no matter what. I know my mother played the spoon & knife game with my sister-in-law & it was actually right she sat on the knife & she had a boy my nephew turned 3yr old today lol. The way you play it is someone puts a spoon & a knife on separate chair, they put pillows over it but you cant see when they do it, so then you pick which pillow you want to sit on & if you sit on a spoon it's a girl & if you sit on the knife it's a boy. Try it it's fun lol.

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• the ring test was wrong both times for me!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i just ticked the box at my us appt that i wanted to know
    no other tricks or old wives tales
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• never heard of it before
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• no but the cabbage one said girl and it was a boy
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 12:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I bought one of those gender test kits at Walgreens that you pee in and I took it and it said boy and I had a boy lol who knows lol
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 3:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2011