Surrounded by super moms...

it seems like everyone but me is a super mom... I sometimes just want to get stuff done and I never can. Am I the only one who gets frustrated and tired of being ON all the time. I work full time and try to keep my house cleaned, laundry done, and I am supposed to WANT to get on the floor and play? After a long day of work, gym, cooking dinner, cleaning up dinner, I just want to watch tv, and not play barbies or whatever... am I alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• You're not alone and I question those super moms abilities. There's something they aren't sharing. Don't let what other people are doing bring you down. All you can do is your very best and that's what you're doing so kudos! :)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• we are all supermoms...and we all make our mistakes, and we all have our shortcomings!
    do not feel bad!!!!
    None of us are perfect!!!!
    I just hope to minimize the amount of therapy my kids have when they are adults (kind of kidding : ))
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I am not a supermom. My house is rarely clean, and sometimes we run out of underwear :)

Answer by rkoloms at 8:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• You are definitely not alone. Life often feels overwhelming. But we have all these jobs. Decide what can be cut.
    Make dinners ahead. Use preperation time for dinner and clean up as play time for you and your little one.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I bet the "Supermoms" don't tell everything!!--

my pharmacist-dh says they have 'little helpers'. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:16 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Im not really into playing either. I still do but not everyday. I feel bad too.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 8:57 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Nope but I usually ditch the cleaning to play barbies every other day.

Then on the days that I don't play, mommy guilt kicks in.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:01 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• We all try so very hard, and everyone comes up short SOMEWHERE. Your dishes won't have memories of you washing them, but your child will have memories of her mom playing with her on her level. They grow up fast, just pick one day a week where the house and stuff gets put on the backburner for just a half hour and play. I was the same way with Number 1 and Number 2, spending A LOT of time being stressed out and tired. Number 3 is a different story, I'm enjoying these little moments because they go quick and then there comes the day when they don't want you to play with them, Friend 1 and Friend 2 are preferred. And don't beat yourself up at all, playing with your kids doesn't necessarily equal love and support either. Being a good role model, loving her and being there for her does.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:04 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I know the feeling well! I tried many times to be that person and I just CANNOT do it all. I find it impossible to give my babies the full attention they need and deserve if i'm too busy worrying about the house, laundry, dinner, running errands, ect.. I do what I can when I can do it. If my house is less than perfect and my kids are happy then I think i've had a pretty productive day anyway
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I was given some advice once when my kids were little, "They will never remember how clean the house is, BUT they will remember the times Mom played with them"

This helped me a lot. I could let the dishes go for a day and didn't stress over not dusting. But don't gage your household by someone elses. You run your's the best for your family. I bet the "Supermoms" don't tell everything!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:07 AM on Mar. 4, 2011