Acne! What do you use?

I am currently using Mary Kay. Before I started, I had white and black heads. Not a lot but enough to be annoying. Now I don't have them but I get hard knots under the skin that turn red, last for a month and never get a head on them.

No clue what to do or use. The acne gel only makes it dry the skin out but not get rid of it so spot treatments don't work.
Maybe it's time I change my cleansing brand.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 8:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• they are cysts.. the forth stage of acne from the sounds of it. anyway.. changing what is creating them is how to treat them.. DIET is a big reason they happen, so is hormones, and stress.. work on fixing those areas of your life first.
    Then seek a facial specialist. They will evaluate your skin type and condition and tell you what is best for YOUR skin, from make up to cleansers, etc. (it's also a great way to destress).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:01 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Proactive
    obenblue

Answer by obenblue at 12:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• use nothing.
    eat less sugar
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i have had acne since about highschool and i have tryed most everythig... if i were you i would NOT use practive its not good for your skin also dr.s have told me over cleaning your face will make it worse.
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:01 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I've had acne since I was 19 I'm now 27 and seriously have probably tried everything under the sun and when I started using the Mary Kay Timewise set it cleared up to where I had almost nothing, is that the set your using? I agree the acne treatment gel makes your face dry but i use the hydrating cream with it and it helps a lot with the dryness.
    lovelyheaven271

Answer by lovelyheaven271 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Avoid dairy. Switch your products to natural ones (even products meant to treat acne are full of chemicals known to cause and/or exacerbate the condition).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• The "hard knots" are systemic. Meaning you are doing the right thing as far as topical skin care. Try adding a Probiotic to your daily vitimin intake!
    malkaTZ

Answer by malkaTZ at 10:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• A prescription cream and Olay acne wash.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i use a dermatologist wash and the cream and use a mineral cover makeup like magic...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• happy2bmom, I don't eat a lot of sugar and drink very little other than unsweet tea and water.
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Mar. 4, 2011