Anyone have blue cross blue shield anthem??

I have it and it sucks i feel like we pay so much money. Does anyone else feel like their paying to much and the insurance its not covering much?

his88angel

Asked by his88angel at 9:13 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Health

• We have it through my dh's work but it doesnt cost us hardly anything? It must be the plan his work has or something. We pay $100 a month for a family plans and we have $25 co pays.

Answer by gemgem at 9:14 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• my hubby has it through work and the doctor visit is 30 er 100 and 50%. Took my son to the doctor they did blood work and on top of paying the co pay we had to pay 300 for stupid blood work test. I just dont understand is something wrong.
    his88angel

Comment by his88angel (original poster) at 9:17 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• It is probably your plan. I would look and see if it wouldnt be less to buy a better plan from them directly. Some work plans really suck. Ours is $25 co pay, we pay 10% for emergency room visits, 10% for surgeries, and pharmacy we dont use much its $15 I think but I do as much of the $4 drugs we can get at Walmart since most of the stuff we have prescribed is covered that way anyway.

Answer by gemgem at 9:23 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• we looked into insurance 8 years ago. at that time a decent policy with $20 copays and a 1000 deductible would cost $800/ a month for the family. after 8 years that would be $72,000!
    we have spent less than $6000 on healthcare in the past 8 years.
    you need to know what is being paid for insurance, employer contributions too.
    just because there is no out of pocket cost to you does not mean no one is paying for it. most employers will pay more salary if they are not paying your health insurance.
    if you are a healthy family, then you may want to consider what is being spent on your health care
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• We have it through my employer. We pay $236.00 a month for hubs and I, and then a copay of $20 per office visit, prescription copays anywhere from $10.00 - $45.00. I never complain about what we pay...the auto accident he was in would have cost us over $100,000 and because we had already met our out-of-pocket expenses for the year we pay NOTHING.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:24 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• we do and the co-pays have quadrupled over as many years. and I often have to call to get a bill covered.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I work there and my insurance sucks ass
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2011