Auto train

We will be going to Disney World in May. We are going to take the auto train down. We live a short drive from the northern end of it.
Has anybody used it? Any hint for traveling with a 5 yo and a 3 yo? It includes dinner and breakfast, what should we do for lunch, will the dinning car be open for pay?

nova.mommy

Asked by nova.mommy at 9:19 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Travel

• I did take the Auto Train, a very long time ago.  Things have probably changed.  But you should be able to bring on your own snacks for the kids.  There should also be a dining car that's open for at least drinks and light snacks for the entire ride. Like a snack bar maybe.  For lunch, you could probably be able to get some fruit or dry cereal for them to munch on.  I'd be interested in knowing how it went!  Have fun :)

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My inlaws used it a few years ago and loved it. Take activities for the kids just like on any other trip, but just being on the train will be an activity in itself! I believe the dining car is open on a cash basis as well as for the included meals. Go their website and call or email them with your questions.  Have agreat time!!

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=am%2FLayout&cid=1237608364155

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2011