Opk question

So I am supossed to ovulate soon and i have been taking opks every morning. The last two morning I have had faint lines and today I had practically nothing. So I looked at my opk from yesterday and it had a super dark line. Could it have been a positive or is it just from sitting around wet? lol I am confused!! Any input would be helpful thanks

lillysmama2008

Asked by lillysmama2008 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• ur in the timing frame so it best to start baby dancing now lol
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• You can't rely on the results after 1 minutes so I would say it's most likely just from sitting there.

How do you know when you're "supposed" to ovulate? Do you normally chart? Do you get a positive OPK at the same time each month?

Sometimes we ovulate at different times. It can be changed by illness, stress, weight changes, etc.

Just keep taking them until you get a positive OR chart!

Charting is MUCH more accurate. I didn't get a positive OPK AT ALL the month I got pregnant but I was charting so I didn't miss my ovulation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Keep peeing on the strips. Now that you are close, try once every 12 hours or more. Do not read the strip after 5 minutes. It might be darker and give you a false reading.
    I'm also curious to know what makes you think you are getting close to ovulation?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I am just basing it only ovulation calendars, my cycles and my cm. I have really have no idea that is why i am using opks I guess.
    lillysmama2008

Comment by lillysmama2008 (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2011