Do you think Im right to suggest this....

I told my husband that we should see a marriage councelor , because I don;t feel he has any respect for me. I don't see that he cares about how I feel about certain things. He;s always putting me down, He saids he doesn't want a divorce, but I don't want to be with him like this either. And yet the funny thing is he wonders why I don;t want to have sex with him.lol! He;e just such a shit head.

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 9:39 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I think that it would help!  Why would you want to have sex with him when you don't feel like your respected.  I agree, I wouldn't want to either!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I think it was very right for you to suggest counseling. If you are not happy and do not want to get a divorce then things need to be patched back up.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• :( im sorry i would def try a councilor
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• You have every right to suggest this, it makes a lot of sense to me, someone who truly loves you does not have to ever put you down.

Answer by older at 9:43 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• if he won't go for counseling then I'd go alone.

as for the rest of it, he sounds like a typical guy.
    Gee honey, I know I just bit your head off and acted like a 2 year old. but don't you want some of me ?
    uh, nope!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Counseling may help. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:39 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• it will help.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• if he is willing to go then that shows that he does respect you. you are just two different people with different views and have to learn how to deal with each other..thats all
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:49 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• That could have been me talking years ago. And we've had our ups and way downs, counseling in there too, and now we're at a place where he shakes his head and says just that - no wonder you didn't want to have sex with me. I think counseling is a great start. Good luck to you both.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• If you think it will help, then you should give it a shot.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2011