Has anyone come across a good "guide" book to help with the sex talk?

momtoryanh

Asked by momtoryanh at 11:22 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I have never used a book. I have sat my girls down by the time they were 9 each and told them the straight truth. I didn't want them to think there was something wrong w/ discussing the body and what happens to one during sex so I was straight forward just like we were discussing anything else.
    Good luck
    mchristi

Answer by mchristi at 11:24 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• yeah dont candy coat the convo be straight forward if you dont they will learn the hard way
    jojomommy

Answer by jojomommy at 12:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have been using Sex, Pubertity, and all that stuff, a guide to growing up.by Jacqui Bailey.  It talks about everything you can imagine and makes it easier to get through. It also brings up stuff you know they want to know but are embarrassed to ask
    jcast

Answer by jcast at 1:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If you're looking for something with resources, you can check this out, http://resources.family.org/product/id/104139.do.
    It's written by Focus on the Family
    StampinAmanda

Answer by StampinAmanda at 4:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If it is for a girl, the American Girl series is awesome. They are too girly for boys though. We have The Care and Keeping of You which doesn't get into sex- just menstruation, but I think they have another one for the more "advanced" talk- LOL
    Anonymous

• when I took my son for his physical the doctor gave him some litature to read about developmental changes in boys and such. Ask your doctor to recommend something.
    maryztutti

Answer by maryztutti at 12:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2008

• We got our daughter a book that is Everything a girl needs to know. It does surgar coat a lot but it is for girls starting at the age of 9 I believe.
    mellowmomof3tn

Answer by mellowmomof3tn at 8:41 AM on Feb. 8, 2009