Would you get an abortion if...?

First off I want to say I never in my life ever ever wanted to entertain the idea. It breaks my heart but hear this out.

What if your hubby got a vasectomy and was told he had a zero sperm count but you got pregnant... after you already had another unplanned baby because your prior b/c failed you, your doc and chiropractor told you never to get pregnant again because you couldnt handle it physically, and you now have 3 kids and are struggling very hard financially with no relief in site?

I am not sure if I am pregnant.. I am too afraid to find out. I just had a baby 3 months ago. I have been pregnant 6 times, have suffered 3 miscarraiges.

Please keep your religious and political comments to yourself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I honestly don't think I would have an abortion. It must have happened for a reason right? Just try to find a better birth control. I can't offer much more help than that. Sorry.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• What physical ailments do you have that would prevent you from carrying a child?
    Are you sure your hubby actually got the vasectomy done? I've heard of guys lying about it.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• It's really hard to say seeing as I'm not in that situation. I would probably consider it, but knowing how I am, I would probably go through with the pregnancy. But, still, not too sure.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I would have an abortion. No reason to put your body and family through something you cant handle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• If this IS your situation you need to find out VERY quickly so you can make your choice!! If it's a matter of your health that really changes the story doesn't it. Bottom line is you have to do what YOU can live with. You might also want to consider having yourself fixed as well, if your DH vasectomy failed. Good luck Hun, not matter what you decide!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I would.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• If my pregnancy was going to put my life in danger then I would without a doubt abort. I have other children, and those children shouldn't have to loose their mother simply because of an unplanned pregnancy. To me, aborting to save your life is no different than killing someone in self defense. Is it ever a good thing to end a life? Certainly not, but, if it's me or them - it's me!

As for the failed BC part... No, ALL THREE of my children are here because my BC failed. Although now that my tubes are tied if I did get pregnant it would most likely be a tubal and it would need to be ended...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:23 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I think my children who I already have an obligation to and responsibility for would come first. I honestly would not blame you and I feel the same way, it would break my heart to even entertain the notion but I truly do not believe in bringing more children into the world than the parents can afford to take care of. Then you have the added problem of health issues. Don't listen to anyone's judgment on the subject. People can say they would have every child they got pregnant with no matter if it destroyed their family due to stress and money issues but they have no real idea until it happens to them. Is it too late for you to take the Plan B or similar pill?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• first of all, a man can have a vasectomy and get someone pregnant for at least 6 weeks after the procedure...i would hope the doc would explain that. second, the only person who can answer your question is you. nobody knows your situation but you and your hubby. Im not in that position, so I honestly can't answer that. All I can say, is follow your heart and good luck ((hugs))
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:26 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Personally, I wouldn't abort. I know myself well enough that I would always find myself looking at the empty chair at the table, feeling guilty and wondering who might have been sitting there.

I would do some searching about your husband's failed vasectomy though.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 10:27 AM on Mar. 4, 2011