Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is a good lotion to use?

Yesturday I used some hair removal cream on my legs, and it has left my legs with a really bad rash and also like little spots that have been cut and it burns/ stings all at the same time .

Any suggestions as to what I can uses to sooth it really hurts

Answer Question

Asked by barbarmama at 11:53 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • get an aloe & vitamin E based lotion.

    also some neosporine with pain relief in the really bad spots will help.

    my experience with hair remover creams is that Veet works the best without giving me a chemical burn or rash like all the other ones did.

    Answer by flutterfae at 11:57 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

  • i use aquaphilic (SP?) its a very thick lotion... and helps but aloe will help a bit more for the burns... try not to get scented lotion it makes the burn worse at times.. GL

    Answer by navywifemomkoch at 12:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

  • It sounds like you may have left it on too long, or had an allergic reaction. Your best bet is to try some aloe and a little neosporin on any broken skin. Also, take a couple motrin. The motrin is an anti-inflammatory and will help with the "rash" part, and the pain as well.

    Answer by jespeach at 3:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

  • Oh, one more thing: Don't use anything with perfumes or will only make it worse.

    Answer by jespeach at 3:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
missing period

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Bleach hair while pregnant..