Read a book or an iPad/Reader?

I prefer books. I think an iPad would be too distracting.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 10:27 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in

• I have a nook, and I really really like it, but sometimes I just need a real book to hold.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:27 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Book, of course. I don't see a point in those readers.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I have never had an ipad or anything but I love to hold books, curl up on the couch with a computer in my hand doesn't sound as appealing.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 10:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I much rather read an actual book. I read at night and most nights I fall asleep with the book, and I would be afraid I would break the thing,lol...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• a real book so can smel papers, cause i do have some books from 1850 and u can't have same feeling in Ipad ;) but i use the ipad for surfin on net ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 10:39 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• A real book
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:51 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Until I got my Kindle, I would have said book. Now that I have a Kindle, I will never go back to a book. As for Ipad. If I wanted to surf the net, I have a laptop for that.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I physically like reading from the Nook better. It's so much easier to read in bed and I can turn the pages with just one hand holding it and clicking the button.

With that said, I still enjoy owning the actual copies of my favorite books. Some series I will own buy in hardcover but some I really don't mind having on the Nook.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:15 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I have a cover on my Nook and it feels deceptively like a book sometimes. I love my Nook. It can literally store thousands of books and you can take it with you anywhere. It fits in your purse. I read to fast that if I am going anywhere for an extended period of time (more than a couple of hours) it comes in really handy because I have more than one thing to read. I can't really shove ten books into my purse at one time.

NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 11:17 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• book
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2011