I need help knowing if this was implantation bleeding.

Firstly, When does implantation bleeding occur after you have sex? Secondly, I had wiped and there was a little bit of light blood there then it stopped and I never did that again. Does that sound like it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Implantation bleeding happens somewhere in the neighborhood of a week after conception. But keep in mind that conception can happen as late as a week after sex. So there is a pretty big window of time there when you could have implantation bleeding after sex. Implanatation bleeding is typicaly light and lasts a very short period of time. What you describe sounds like it could possibly be implantation bleeding. But it's really impossible for anyone to say for sure at this point.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:58 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• See, I never even heard of implantation bleeding before I came on this board, and I am 44! I never had any such thing and I know my daughter didn't either. So, it doesn't always happen.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• They really can't say exactly when it occurs especially since it doesn't happen for some women. Also, sometimes you can have bleeding after sex up to 4 days, so it could have just been from a sensitive cervix. I had bleeding twice early in my pregnancy, we don't know exactly why. But, I'm now at week 21 and baby is doing great. If you know you are expecting and it stopped you should be good, but they say it is best to follow up with your dr.
    mrsjvz2

Answer by mrsjvz2 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Implantation bleeding usually occurs 5-7 days after ovulation/conception. It can occur at the same time your period is due and is often mistaken for a "normal" period. Not everyone has implantation bleeding. Sex does not usually trigger implantation bleeding; and bleeding after intercourse is more likely due to irritation of the cervix, which becomes very vascular (lots of superficial blood vessels) in early pregnany. Worrisome bleeding is usually as heavy or heavier than a period, and is often accompanied by cramps and possibly passage of "tissue". I hope this helps answer your question...
    healthEwoman

Answer by healthEwoman at 12:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2008