Pressure....

Today I am feeling A LOT of pressure down in my pelvis area. I usually feel some pressure down there but this is just about unbearable and it just started this morning. I am 35 weeks and 4 days. I already dropped about 2 weeks ago. So why so much pressure now? Is there anything I can do to relieve it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would suggest you call your doctor and let hm/her know what's going on. Do you get any relief if you sit and put your feet up? That might help.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I don't get any relief at all by sitting or putting my feet up.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes contractions can feel like intense pressure, rather than pain. So since you described it as "just about unbearable" and you can't seem to find any relief, I really and truly would call the doctor. You're far enough along that I'm not sure they would do anything about it if it is labor, but they might. And they may at least want to check you out. Good luck!
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Pressure can be due to the baby dropping further in the pelvis, especially if this is not your first baby. It can also be a sign of early labor or prodromal labor (see today's post on early labor on my blog, healthewoman.org).

If the pressure does not go away with one hour of laying down and drinking water, you should see your ob provider for a labor evaluation.
    healthEwoman

Answer by healthEwoman at 12:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2008