Do you dye your hair? Yourself??

I never do. I always said when I start turning grey I would. Well that is happening. DH suggested I try blond. Hmmmmm... Ok so I tried, I am now a red head. I went and bought another shade lighter and now I'm even redder lol. So now I need to go back to brown. I have dyed my hair 2 times in 3 days. How long should I wait to go basck to my color??

Iluvmy5

Asked by Iluvmy5 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I use to and ended up with color that I did not want too, I would wait a week or so and try it again.

Answer by older at 10:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yes I do and I don't do it myself for the exact reason you described.

I would rather pay $40 to have it done than to really screw my hair up.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I'd wait at least a week - definitely more than a few washes at least. You know the softness that's left behind after you dye your hair? Wait until that's gone. That's my general rule.
    I love dying my own hair... I've definitely had a few times that ended up... not right, we'll say. If you wait at least a week or so, it'll be somewhat faded. If you do it right away, it'll just fade faster with the color that's already in, and it'll just fry your hair.
    Good luck!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• If you want to go blond you need to go to a beauty salon so you don't end up looking cheap.

I do my roots in-between my salon visits.

I say pay the first time to see what they do.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Try a color remover. Most blonde dyes will do that to brown hair.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I'll wait two weeks. But I dye my hair all the time at home.
    obenblue

Answer by obenblue at 12:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Definitely wait. I dyed my hair three times within a 24 hour period once, and it all gummed up and fell out! I went from long blond hair to short white hair.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 2:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Wait at least a week, then have it professionally done. It's worth the money to save your hair. Too much processing (especially within a short period of time) can really damage your hair. If it unintentionally turned red, something went wrong with your process (probably the timing). Let a reputable pro fix it for you. GL
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 4:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i have...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i color my own hair, but im a stylist and know what im doing lol.

your hair will only go so many shades lighter with box. what you need to go blond is a stylist.. she will pull the pigments from your hair and tone it so its a proper color of blond. BUT since you've colored twice, going on three times.. i would get some protein treatments done before even considering trying to go blond again.
    secondly. just go a shade lighter than your natural shade at most. any lighter ages your skin in appearance.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:15 AM on Mar. 5, 2011