Is his diaper too big?

lately my son keep poo all the way to his back. I alerady secured the diaper really well. is his diaper too big?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is he. Weight and size of diaper. Also what brand do you use. For some reason my girls did great in pampers and my boys did great in huggies.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• It sounds like his poops are too big, not the diapers. How much does he weigh and what size are you using? There is a weight range on the diaper box.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Sounds like the diaper may be too small. My kids would have "blowouts" multiple times a day with Huggies, but were just fine in the same size Pampers. If we'd have the problem you describe we'd move up a size in diapers and the problem would go away.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• WE have our DD ina weight appropriate Pampers diaper and don't get blow outs, but during the night, we put the next size up on here and it works out well.
    Peggs11

Answer by Peggs11 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Sounds more like it's too small. That was the biggest sign we needed to move up a size.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• He's 3months weights 16lbs, 25 inches, using size 2 Pampers diaper
    Amy2079

Comment by Amy2079 (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I would go up a size. I used disposable diapers unil my son was 2 months old. I hated that they leaked and we had alot of blowout up his back. I switched to Bumgenius cloth diapers and I never had a leak or blowout since. he is almost a year old now.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2011