How do I lose weight if I don't have a lot to lose?

I currently weigh 145 and I want to get down to at least 135. the problem is, I'm not fat and I don't have a lot of weight to lose. I've always heard its easier to lose weight faster if you have more to lose (and if u work hard), but what about skinny girls?! I really need to lose the flab around my stomach but how do i do it?? Please help.

briasmom07

Asked by briasmom07 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Cut down on the carbs.

Answer by older at 11:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• A Lower Carb diet helps stubborn stomach area's - get a good sit up CD or look on line for a few excersizes for only that area and see if you can start there - I have 35 to lose and PS, it ISN"T easier loL!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Realize that you didn't gain those 10 pounds over night. I've lost 5 pounds in 2 months and am thrilled. I simply cut down the size of my dinner plate and cut out some snacks. Still have another 10 to go but I figure it took me 8 years to gain those 15 pounds so if it takes me a year to lose them then I'm ahead of the game.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:10 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• It's true, the more weight you have the easier it is to lose. I'm in the same boat with you, i only want to lose 15 lbs. I exercise every day & i eat pretty healthy, but it is not enough to lose i guess. I used to be a lot heavier, but lost a lot of weight. I just cannot get over this last little hump. I will be starting running on Monday, because i feel i need to take that extra step if i really want to fit back into a size 4. I guess walking an hour a day & yoga is not enough, i even walk up hellish hills. But, i guess once you've already lost so much, those last few are terribly hard to lose. It sucks.....

running works.....my girlfriend went from 180 to 115 in like 7 months. The bitch is now running marathons! So, she is encouraging me to run. I hate running, but i want to wear a cute bikini this summer,so i am going to try....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:10 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• There are foods that contribute to belly fat. I like the Belly Fat Cure, because it really has worked for my husband and I.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:11 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Sorry, the Belly Fat Cure is a book you can buy.
    m-avi

• You can vary the intensity of your workout. Do walking and runnign intervals. 30 secs run/30 secs walking. do toning and strength training. The weight doesnt come off as fast if you dont have alot to lose. A heavy person may drop 3 lbs in a wk. The last stubborn 10 lbs may come off a lb every 2 wks so you dont see the steady decline but you do it the same way with healthy eating and working out. Need to mix up the workout or your body gets used to the same old routine.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• The last pounds are always harder to lose so you gotta watch your diet and workout daily for an hour a little bit of cardio ab workouts anything thats basically gonna work your stomach if you wanna workout your love handles to slim your waist down you gotta do workouts for that you can go to youtube and type in workouts for love handles and for stomach .Good Luck i hope this helped :-)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Lots of great suggestions here already. Regardless if its the first 10 pounds or the last 10 pounds you lose it the same way...expend more calories than you take in. Good luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:32 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I've always been thin but I wanted to lose 5 lbs by my birthday so I can be my pre-baby weight. Kind of a bday gift to myself I guess. Anyway, I used a calorie calculator on the Internet to predict how many calories I should eat each day to reach my goal by my bday. It's worked so far! It's also made me eat healthier because healthy foods like fruits and veggies are low calorie so I can eat more, therefore feeling more full. I also try to jog several days per week and do a great yoga video called "Crunch- Candlelight Yoga with Sara Ivanhoe" before bed which has helped me tone up and also helps me to sleep better. Good luck to you!!

Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 11:41 AM on Mar. 4, 2011