Does it matter if you brush your teeth before or after breakfast?

missShye

Asked by missShye at 11:21 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have no idea, lol.  My kids dentist said to brush after breakfast, lunch, and dinner so that's what we do.  It has worked so far so if it isn't broke.......

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i do care bout my teeth . the pretiest thing on weman are smiles so im takin really care abt that one :D
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:26 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• no as long as u brush them lololol
    Ericaca

Answer by Ericaca at 11:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I always make my kids do it after.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I think it's a personal preference. My mom won't consume anything in the morning without brushing first. Whereas I won't brush until after I've eaten and that's how my kids are too.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:35 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• yes it does. Because if you brush before, breakfast tastes terrible. Ever taken a swig of orange juice after you brushed your teeth? I don't recommend it.

yuck!stick out tongue mini

MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 11:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yes - if you brush, then eat, you leave all the stuff on/in your teeth. If you brush after you eat, you get rid of all the stuff that causes bad breath & can lead to problems. So it's better to brush after you eat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yeah but all the plaque formed on your teeth overnight, you are now eating,remember this is the same plaque found in your heart artery,so i say brush before,and after..i know just saying....Sorry its the dental assistant coming out.You carry over 400 typed bacteria in your mouth ,thats only the ones they have found and documented.That is why a human bite is so much worse,than an animals.There are alot of diseases found in the mouth first,such as aids.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I normally brush mine as soon as I get up so I wont scare DH away but we got into an argument yesterday because I didn't brush our daughter teeth before breakfast. I always do hers after just because after cooking breakfast and fixing plates the last thing I want to do is to have to brush her teeth twice. I have enough to do. SN:her teeth are perfect she goes to the dentist every six month like clock work and she's only 3, so I think I'm doing something right.
    missShye

Comment by missShye (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• after breakfast makes more sense.
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 12:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2011