JOHN STEWART CALLS OUT THE HYPOCRISY,OF FOX. TEACHERS, WALL STREET COMPARISON

Thursday night's "Daily Show" featured Jon Stewart doing what he does best: calling out hypocrisy in the media. After a segment on the intensified battle between Gov. Scott Walker and Wisconsin unions, Stewart took a look at how Fox News was reporting on the story, specifically compared to how they covered similar threats to the Bush tax cuts and bailed-out bank CEOs' salaries.

Stewart took it even further by showing another level of hypocrisy. Clips showed the same people on the network who agreed with the government limiting teachers' benefits also said that limiting the salaries of government bailed-out CEOs would be detrimental to the industry and "isn't a good way of attracting talent in the future."

The video is pretty funny!

mommom2000

Asked by mommom2000 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I LOVE Jon Stewart- if you can not understand the irony in what he is talking about then you need to look up the word "irony"

In context, out of context- how can you argue with some of the themes of: it takes money to attract talent, taxpayer funded bail out money is still tax payer money just like govt employee pay is, and 250K/year is not a lot of money but 50K is-WTF-

I love Jon Stewart because he calls them like he sees them- and he is an equal opportunity offender-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 4:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I love john Stewart, his opinions are so right on.....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:33 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• The video is pretty funny

_________________

He is a comedian. Forgive me if this looks funny I'm playing around with some stuff for practice.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:35 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Jon Stewart is a comedian. Also you can bet his clips were cherry picked you dopes

Answer by itsmesteph11

Ronald Regan was an actor...does that mean he was just playing a role?

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• He is a comedian doing what he does best...making jokes! I watch his show sometimes..not often because I just don't watch much tv. I always enjoy them though. He is a hoot!

Thanks for sharing OP! I have 4 people that are supposed to be remodeling my house...it looks more like they are trying to destroy it! I needed some humor this am. Thanks again! :)
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:43 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Funny Stuff... ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I love Jon Stewart almost as much as I love Stephen Colbert... And that's a whole lot. Sure, both shows are on the Comedy channel, I find it rather ironic that both shows are better at being unbiased than an actual news channel. Like somebody (I forgot who) once said "I watch the Comedy Channel for news, and Fox for laughs". There's definitely something to that, heh.

And Soyousay is correct, Jon Stewart is definitely an equal opportunity offender.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I love Jon Stewart. He's great a making fun of the media, and while he does like to pick on Fox, he doesn't pull any punches when it comes to CNN or MSNBC either. Being a comedian does not mean he doesn't have valid points.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 5:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• LOL sweet...I'll keep that in mind when viewing the final product!

Sisteract, I am only allowing them to go in and out through the garage...which is actually easier because of the snow in the backyard and the way my house is designed for the front.

We are spending the next 2 nights in a hotel. I cannot stand the smell of paint, it makes my head hurt. My sweet husband surprised me and made reservations for a jacuzzi sweet...so I can spend a couple of hours in the tub. He is still deployed so this is ALL my baby!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• The fact that some have to point out he's a comedian to us AND think that comedy equates stupidity is beyond me.

Lighten up ladies or you'll die with your face frozen like that !
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 6:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2011