When should I

start to try to potty train my almost 2 year old thats not even talking yet. And hes soo short to me.

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There are methods that will work with kids his age. I've found it easiest when I followed my child's lead. You might want to read up on training for now. Also, Baby Bjorn makes a great little potty. One of my sons loved to use that one over the others I had.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I would first get him interested in going to the potty...get a stool or something else that he can stand on to get to the potty or get him a little one. If he doesn't seem interested in the potty he might not be ready (srry if this happens).If he doesn't seem to notice that his diaper needs changing or when he goes in his diaper he's probably not ready. Just talk to him about the potty show him what its for or get his dad(or other male figure in his life) to show him how. Before taking a bath set him on the potty. I'd also do it before bed and first thing in the morning. If he seems comfortable then start putting him on it or in front of it every 30min until the both of you start learning when he needs to go. Then slack off to every hr and so on until he's doing it by himself. I've heard boys are a little harder than girls so I wish you lot of luck!!! Oh also don't expect him to learn to do both on a potty at the same time...
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 2:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2011