Home schooling

i would like to supplement a home schooling curriculum along with regular school for my dd and was wondering where i can start and how i can find out about home schooling programs or curriculum. she is in prek right now and all i can seem to get out of the teacher to help supplement what they are learning at school is reading. while i do belive that is great i want to know what more i can do. i have flash card with numbers and abc's and i am also helping her with writing her name but i would like to be able to help get the most out of her education but not sure where to start and wondering about any info.

laura970

Asked by laura970 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• we wanted to hs dd.. but she is a social butterfly & has dreamed of school since she first could say bus.. lol..
    So i think we will be doing the same thing. She can learn at school but we will make sure she she is getting the 1 on 1 at home.. mainly we plan to fill in whatever she does not get in school.. or dive deeper into whatever we can..
    At the preschool level its all about the basics- colors, numbers, letters, cutting, writing, letter sounds, beginner reader, basic math if the child is "there yet"...
    Workbooks at walmart would be good.. or for fun activities go to your library & look in the homeschool section.. they have some good books..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• www.k-12.com This is where I did home schooling from you should check them out . II put my children back in a real school because it was to much WORK! My children were looking at me as a Parent not a teacher and they drove me CRAZY! I tried thou. I had good intentions.

kalynskorner

Answer by kalynskorner at 11:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• www.preschoolpalace.org has an entire pre k curriculum. Also any of the homeschooling groups on Cm would be able to help.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 12:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• well i dont want to do homeschooling solely i just want to supplement it with regular school. so she will stay in school but come home and just an hour after school of supplementing.
    laura970

Comment by laura970 (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Is she delayed in some way? If you want her to "practice" what she's learning at school, Walmart and Sam's and even the Dollar Stores have fun educational work/activity books that she might enjoy. My 3 y/o loves them, but we stay at home.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• thats exactly it mommatasha we just want to give her the 1 on 1 and fill in the blanks or reinforce and try to dive deeper where we can.

doodlebopfan- no she is not delayed in her learning but i see that she just could use a little time reinforcing. i dont want to spend the whole summer off and loose some things.

yes she does love workbook and i have a bunch of them here already that she does do.
    laura970

Comment by laura970 (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Mar. 4, 2011