Getting nearer my surgery... adult content

and the anxiety is building up....
I am having a hystorectomy, bladder lift, and sling with some pelvic floor repair, and bowel suspention....

I need and want to have the surgery but I am a little worried about the after math...
I have a pretty high tolerance for pain... but I am not sure I will be so tough for this one!
also the morbid thoughts keep creeping in, I asked my husband that if something were to go wrong ont eh table that my twins NEVER EVER know the reason I had the surgery... I dont want the twins to EVER EVER feel any type of regret.

I feel like I need to get to the lawyer and get my living will... and final wished filed so that god forbid anything happen my kids are well teking care of!!!

Is this normal?
am I over reacting...
this is NOT my first surgery but it the the first MAJOR one!

MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Asked by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Health

• It's a big surgery, you have every right to be anxious. Try to limit your worrying to one hour per day. And, don't do any lifting for at least 6 weeks after the surgery. My friend screwed up her sling surgery by lifting too soon.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i was told that I will be on a Strict no lifting restriction for 12 weeks.....
    so strict that I will be prexcribed laxatives ( blechhhhh) to keep straining to a minimum....
    MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Comment by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• FYI- if you have children, you should already have a living will. You never know what each day will hold.

My mom had the same surgery about 4 years ago. She has been soooo much happier since. Just be incredibly cautious, and take it easy.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Hun, I do think you are over reacting a bit, you need to go into this surgery with positive thoughts not negative ones. It so happens I am scheduled for a full hysterectomy on the 14th of this month, my bladder will also be lifted, and my ovaries will be removed as well, I don't need them anymore, I am 61. Mine is being done laparoscopy procedure, going in through the belly button and two small incisions on each side that do not even require stitches. This now adays is not your surgery of 20 years ago, you will do just fine!!!!! positive thinking bring in positive results.

Answer by older at 11:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• oh I have a my final will! who gets what and the instructions for my husand and the money I leave!!! that is DONE!

I am sure I will be happier... and I can't wait to get it done.. the fact of being able to play ball with my 7 year old twins, and coach softball with my 11 year old daughter.... WITHOUT pain, is extremely motivating!
    MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Comment by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• thank you older! that is true... it will be lproscopicly assisted vaginal hysto!
    MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Comment by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• "I asked my husband that if something were to go wrong ont eh table that my twins NEVER EVER know the reason I had the surgery... "

I'm not real familiar with this type of surgery...is it just due to birth effects? I ask because cancer used to be something families hid, and if there's any connection there DON'T hide it. Family histories are so important!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• the twins were 5lbs each .... and they stretched me out so bad inside that I have uterine prolase... and there are abnormal cells on the cervix ( cervical cancer risk) basically carrying the twins.. literally moved things around!
    MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Comment by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I only had a hystermenty and just a normal surgury with little pain. Just could not lift and do stairs for awhile and drive till could apply pressure to brake. As for the rest I have no idea. Just nervous and very normal and if can try to relax and that will make surgury and recovery so much better and faster. Hang in there. Deep breaths and should be fine.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• my friend had that done, it was a long recovery lots of pain meds, but she is fine and super fit now
    stella73

Answer by stella73 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2011