Any ides on washing clothes without a washing machine?

Mine will not be here until next week and we are unable to get to a laundry mat...
Any useful ideas are welcome!

mslksdh

Asked by mslksdh at 11:57 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I have a lot of clothes that are hand wash only. It's easy! I just start filling the sink with hot water and pour in a little detergent - I've used powder detergent & liquid... liquid works better for me, but either one is fine. It bubbles up like a bubble bath does. I wash it all one item at a time, so colors don't run, and I just scrub them with my hands. I hang them up to try on the shower curtain rod. I usually drain and refill the sink every few items, depending on how dirty the water gets. Also, make sure you use the temperature of water directed on the tag!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Bathtub gf!  Sink. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• yup, bathtub and then you can go outside to wringg them out..have someone else hold the other end and twist the clothing in opposite directions to get most of the water out..i know it sucks but thats all ya got right now
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 11:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Handwash.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Ive done some wash with normal laundry soap in the bathtub.
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• yep, the bathtub, it sucks but it works.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• My co-worker told me he has worn his uniform in the shower to wash it...I think he was coming off a bender. good luck with this
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• As pp said bathtub. I've done them while I showered once, not as affective but it was funny. Saved on water...lol.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I think I would either ask someone to borrow or wait for the week if I could.....I personally wouldn't wash my clothes in the sink, mainly b/c I wouldn't even know how. :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2011