Why are 10 yr olds such smart mouths?

Christy480

Asked by Christy480 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Because you let them be. Mine weren't
    Anonymous

• lol b/c there 10!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Mine is too. I tried talking to her nicely about it but it got me no where. She talks really bad to her Father. I would like to smack her but can't bring myself to do it.
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 12:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I have a 10 year old daughter and she's not. They try you to see what they can get away with. If you let them do it, they do it again.
    Anonymous

• @momto why smack her shes doing what she should at this age! (po)
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:27 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Well we dont let her b a smart mouth. She gets grounding and privlages removed. We raise our kids to respect others and b nice BUT when other parents allow their kids to do it @ home, they bring it to school & teach other kids 2 do it......
    Christy480

Comment by Christy480 (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• at 10 they have a right to speak there mind and what they want to in my house they are human and well aware of what they want!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Speaking your mind & being a smart ass are NOT the same thing.
    Anonymous

• there the same thing when the person/people you are talking to do not agree or a prove!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• There's an acceptable way to disagree. That's what you teach a child. You dont teach them its ok to just spout off however & where ever you want. You teach them how to express themselves in ways people will listen to. I am more then happy to listen to what my kids have to say. But they need to say it in a way that doesnt come off as "smart ass" or "whiny". I dont expect them to just follow along blindly but there are ways to express yourself that dont include being "mouthy". I know a few adults who never seemed to learn this. Then they wonder why people get irritated with them!
    Anonymous