what are the symptoms to a kidney infection?

so im 18wks pregnant tomorrow and i have had a kidney infection befor but a long time ago and i didnt even know i had one till the dr told me i did.
But my lower back hurts really bad and its worse when i press on it
i have to pee all the time but then again iam pregnant lol i dont have a fever or anything like that id go to the dr but my office is closed on fridays so i wana know what i should be lookng for over the wknd and if there is anything i can do to help clear it up other wise i guess im going in monday. please help

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You can stop an early kidney infection by drinking a lot (2 gallons/day) of water over the next few days. Also take cranberry tablets or drink cranberry juice.
    It sounds like you have some of the symptoms of kidney infection: low back pain, frequency of urination. If your symptoms get worse, you should go into the E.R. or a clinic to get checked for a kidney infection.
    Nausea, fever, blood in the urine, and abdominal pain are some other symptoms of kidney infection. You do not need to have all these to have a kidney infection.
    Get answers to your pregnancy and health questions on my new blog: healthEwoman.org
    healthEwoman

Answer by healthEwoman at 12:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Kidney infection may cause one or more of these signs and symptoms:

Frequent urination
    Strong, persistent urge to urinate
    Burning sensation or pain when urinating
    Abdominal pain or pressure
    Cloudy urine with a strong odor
    Pus or blood in your urine (hematuria)
    Inability to urinate (urine retention)
    Inability to urinate (urine retention)
    Need to urinate during the night (nocturia)
    Back, side (flank) or groin pain
    Fever
    Severe kidney infection also may involve:

High fever - body temperature of 101 F (38.3 C) or greater
    Shaking chills
    Night sweats
    Extreme fatigue
    Nausea or vomiting
    Confusion

From the Mayo Clinic
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Oh man I have had two of those and they are the worst. I had low back bain, fever, frequent painful urination, turbid urine (like pineapple juice), total body sensitivity and extreme discomfort. A kidney infection is the result of an untreated UTI and unfortunately theres no home remedy once it has spread so I suggest you see a doctor so that he can prescribe an antibiotic for you before they burst!!!
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• sounds like a kidney infection to me.
    Anonymous

• Northland brand Cranberry juice (any of the northland cranberry flavors will work, but only the brand Northland, it is the only one that is truly 100% cranberry juice). Drink 64 oz per day for the first couple of days and then drink an 8 oz glass every day. I have had UTI, Bladder, yeast & kidney infection all at one time.....not fun, but the dr told me to do that and I haven't had a problem since (that was a few years ago). I love the Northland Cran-Peach or Cran-Grape, they are my faves but they have about 6 different ones to choose from.
    sammyjnrtwins06

Answer by sammyjnrtwins06 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 21, 2008