Chastising Your children in front of your parents?

Have you ever began to chastise your child, whether it be time out, spanking or whichever suits you, and your parents told you not to. "Leave him alone he's ok. He/shes' s just a kid Dont be so uptight. Let them have fun." How did you deal with it.

thelovelymzbre

Asked by thelovelymzbre at 12:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I keep doing what ever it was I was doing and told him he is my son and when hes is with them they can do things there way but when Im around we do thing my way im the parent!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yep! My mom's tried to undermine me when I'm disciplining one of my girls and I tell her how it is. I'm not afraid to stand up to her and I don't feel bad putting her in her place. I tell her they're my kids, they live with me, I'm the one raising them.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yes!!! It drives me nuts. And then my dad wonders why he tries to get away with more when I'm not around?!?!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• yes and i informed them that they were my kids and continued disciplining them how i felt fit
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yep, and I tell her to shove it. These are my kids, not hers. And frankly she was MUCH MUCH harder on her kids than I am on mine!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Turn to them and inform them I am the parent and I will mess my child up how ever I see fit.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• AAARRRGGGHHH YES!!!! With my MIL...thank God my husband steps in and disciplines anyway...I'm too chicken sh*t and would just laugh it off
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• mom, mother in-law all have their own opinions, it really drives me nuts too!! You are the parent you do what works for you.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2011