Hmm Im curious

Seems there has been an influx of legal problems due to foreclosure, collection agencies, evictions,credit cards etc...taking people to court and or being abusive.

My question is why don't people guard themselves and get insurance? I'm thinking its clearly an un-necessary stress.

IraqiVetWife

Asked by IraqiVetWife at 12:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• There's no insurance policy against poor planning.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Really, you were fully aware the capacity this recession was going to bring the world to? You must be psychic?

Tell that to the faithful employee who worked 40 at his company to get lay off due to the economy.

And yes maam, there is insurance for these life events.
    IraqiVetWife

Comment by IraqiVetWife (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• There is not insurance against job loss, loss of medical insurance, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I agree, there is no insurance to protect against loss of jobs, medical ins., etc... Unfortunately, my hubby and I suffered through 3 layoffs in a 7 month span. If we could have protected ourselves, we would have. I am just thankful that that part of my life is over and things are now turning around :o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 9:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• what would insurance do to keep one from not getting in debt. you pay for insurance and don't have the mula?
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 1:37 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I agree there is no insurance to stop you from those things, but there is insurance to help you through those things without having to lose everything you worked for.

Lay off packages have been big this year, some people got screwed in what they got, and some got really good lat off packages(noy better than a job) but the best they could get. This is probably cause they had representation and an advocate to make sure the package was in their best interest.

Maybe someone has lost medical insurance but that doesn't mean that they cant get it somewhere else. And if they are paying their own bills and fall behind, yes there is protection to make sure someone is not being a dickhead about payments. If truly someone can only afford that, there is an advocate and a legal representative who can make sure there is not any unnecessary aggression or harassment.
    IraqiVetWife

Comment by IraqiVetWife (original poster) at 8:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I say this because I have been there and done that, no one could have planned the recession. but you can plan to be protected when things start getting nasty
    I think its sad people are not aware of how much stress they can save with a legal advocate. Honestly i like that instead of stressing over things I cant control, that my lawyer can do that for me.
    IraqiVetWife

Comment by IraqiVetWife (original poster) at 8:33 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• surely you don't REALLYU rely on lawyers? they take more than you get back! ive been unemployed for 3 yrs saved alot of money, have a job now, but its not paying me didly, it just goes right back to the company - and so i can't save a dime. No lawyer for me - been there done that and not about to go that route again.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 12:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• wow, i dont know where you find your lawyers, i have gotten over 600% of what i paid to my lawyer. Sucks to pay ridiculous prices.
    I'd never get caught paying full price for a lawyer thats just silly.
    IraqiVetWife

Comment by IraqiVetWife (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2011