What would you do if you got a bad haircut and it's too short to "fix" now?

I'm really upset over a hairdresser who didn't listen to me and she cut off all my hair saying her way for my hair was better than what I wanted!!!! Now it's too short to do anything with it. She didn't even leave me anything on the sides! I hate short hair on me. Headbands, scarves, hats and even a wig just isn't working. I'm out of ideas. At this rate I can't leave my home until 2012 giving it time to grow back! lol

What would you do to be able to leave the house?

Asked by admckenzie at 12:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I put hair extensions that snap on when I had a hairdresser pull that on me two years ago. It helped my hair get stronger too. It takes time to get used to them but after awhile you will be a pro putting them on.They come in all different sizes and colors and real hair too .
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I had a BAD haircut 3 times in a Row!!! Super short each time, I just basically had crap hair for 3 yrs!
    I used bobby pins to keep hair back and into place, I used products to attempt waves. It was bad
    Good Luck, cause I really have no advice
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Buy a wig, lol. Sorry that happened. I hope you at least complained, and left no tip.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I'd try using gel on it perhaps. Maybe. hmmm...sorry not much help here. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• My sister n law has short hair and she buys spiking gel and fixes it real cute
    Christy480

Answer by Christy480 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• get some styling gel and make it look messy thats always cute!! good luck hope u ddnt pay for it :(
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• all you can do is grow it out, unless you want to go and get some clip in extensions , those are great for instant long hair
    stella73

Answer by stella73 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• That's the story of my life!

I wait it out and let it grow. Of course, that doesn't mean I stay holed up in the house until then. I have a life and responsibilities and for as much as I might want to hide, I simply couldn't. In the grand scheme of life, this is not a major problem.
    Anonymous

• I FEEL for you!  I do, I had a totally horrible uneven short bangs cut type thing last June and I'm still growing it out.  I wear a baseball cap just about everyday.  It recently got long evough to cut it a little more evenly, and I'm almost able to get that into a ponytail.  but God it's HORRIBLE to get a bad haircut.  I went and got my money back, and the owner agreed it was pretty badly messed up.  Really, not much more you can do besides a cap.  My poor husband, I cried and cried to him!  He would leave when I was trying to do something with my hair to go out, i'd be hysterical.  No lie.  My son too, he begged me not to get upset and yell about the hairdresser. 

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• work with it and give it a chance. Get that spike gel and dry your hair upside down. I bet it looks ok, just give it some time to get used too!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2011