I think our babysitter just sits my daughter in a high chair all day.

My friend lives on my couch and watches me daughter while I work part time. I only pay him when I have to work a full day. I can't afford child care right now and it's the best I can do. I know he isn't the best with her and they watch movie after movie while I am gone..but I think he literally puts her in her high chair and doses off all day. I left him a note the other day limiting him to one movie and got out tons of things for them to do and made a list of things and not one thing was touched when I got home...and multiple movies were out. My brother in law stopped by to see her and said when he opened the door my dd was in her high chair and the babysitter was sleeping on the couch. When she went to watch a movie before bed last night my ex told me she walked to the highchair like it is normal to have to sit in her highchair to watch a movie. She is 2 and can sit anywhere she would like. Is it weird I want to get a spy cam and do some investigating? Am I overreacting or should I find a way to see what they are doing?!
Anyone know of a way to see if he is just sleeping all day?

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 12:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would DEFINITELY get a spy camera. And I would have a sit down with him and tell him that it's just not acceptable to you.
    MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• is that a little intense?
    dbodani

Comment by dbodani (original poster) at 12:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• what about a web cam? I would be so pissed off if my kid was left in the same spot all day, i hope things get better for you so you can find someone more responsible.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• get rid of him! Poor baby!
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I don't think so.  You have a right to know what's happening.  You aren't asking that much!  If I was watching my friends child I would do what THEY wanted me too, not what I "felt" like doing.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• You don't need the camera. You already know what's going on. You've told him what you expect and he doesn't seem to care.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• You could always make surprise visits to your house. I know it's hard when you're working, but even if you could just do it a few times to check, that would be better than nothing. Or if you can't leave work have family members or friends stop by a couple times a day. If your daughter is in the high chair every time, you will know she's probably always stuck there. And if she is, find another babysitter! I worry about that too with my 3 month old baby. I take her to a daycare and they put her in a little boucy chair/seat that she can sleep in. She's usually in there when I go to pick her up. But I make surprise visits and sometime they're holding her too.
    Rileysmom25

Answer by Rileysmom25 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I wouldnt have him another day, hire a reall sitter, or else put her in a day care, I cant believe you would even keep her with him one more day
    stella73

Answer by stella73 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yes its a little werid hes not hurting her he just makes her sit in a chair if you have such a problem look for a new sitter! my son is home with me all day an he has to stay in his room during the day except to eat or if were doing something together i dont want the mess or nose in the rest of my house (we have a small place) and he is 2.
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• find another sitter
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2011