Is your son circumcised?

A recent post on cafemom about circumcision stirred a discussion. The lack of inaccurate facts from the CM article may sway the decision. However, an inside look from a nurse's perspective may make you think twice.

http://www.thewmparentingconnection.com/2011/03/why-i-will-never-circumcise-my-sons.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes.  And my son who will be born at some point next month will be also.  My husband made the call, and I agree.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• No my son is not....

But it wouldnt let me see your link.... :(
    Anonymous

• All 3 of them are...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yes, both of them are. I did my research (as I always do) and after doing so I don't understand why ANYONE would choose not to have it done. The benefits GREATLY outweigh the risks, IMO! I was in the room both times and neither of my boys even cared it was happening, in fact my oldest slept right through it...

So yes, it was done, and if I had it to do again, I would!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• No he isnt, Im from the thought of, if they are born with it, it has a purpose. Simple..... ;)
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• NO
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• yes its a social thing not medical no man wants that extra skin, and women dont like to look at that
    stella73

Answer by stella73 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I too have witness the horror of how these things are done, I did not do it to my son who is now 23 and never had any problems whatsoever, and I will encourage others not to do it either.

Answer by older at 12:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• http://www.thewmparentingconnection.com/2011/03/why-i-will-never-circumcise-my-sons.html
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I see it now!!!!

Yes I agree, people always say..."oh just think if he HAS to get it done later how horrible it will be" WHY WHY WHY is it any less horrible for an infant?

Is it b/c they cant speak and tell of their pain....is it b/c we whisk them away to a room to shut the door so the mom and dad dont truely know what is going on? SICK
    Anonymous