mirena && sex.

I just had my mirena iud put in yesterday and im scared to have sex. i was wondering if theres anyone else who has it and what happened when they did it the first time after it was put it.

lovencasper5307

Asked by lovencasper5307 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• I wasn't afraid to have sex after I had mine inserted. My husband was. It was fine, well, better than fine. It is great because you don't have to use condoms. My husband was worried that he might feel the strings or get poked or hurt me. None of that happened. I had asked my midwife to cut my strings short. Overall sex is wonderful with it and I even got my sex drive back, I thank the Mirena for this.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 12:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I didn't wait after mine was put in. It didn't hurt at all, and felt like normal sex. Just be gentle and take it slow in case you're still tender.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I was nervous after I had it put in, and at the 6 week mark after having my baby sex was nearly impossible because of pain, but I had the mirena put in around 10 weeks, and could have pleasurable sex around 12 weeks
    megdwalls

Answer by megdwalls at 9:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2008