Depression I think I have it

I feel so sad all the time I never do my hair ( wash and go) eat junk food all day and cry a lot can someone tell me if I should talk to someone thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes, you should talk to someone. If you are feeling badly enough to come on here and ask whether or not you might need help, that is a good indicator right there that you are probably depressed and in need of some professional help. There is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about. It's great that you are recognizing that there is a problem, and that you want to do something about it. If you have health insurance, give them a call and find out what kind of mental health coverage you have and how you should go about finding a participating provider in your area. Good luck!
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• yes
    kristie190

Answer by kristie190 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL. I'M GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING. I USED TO WATCH EVERYTHING I AT AND DID EVERYTHING YO LOOK GOOD. BUT NOW I FEEL THAT I LET GO OF MYSELF. GOOD THING IS TO REALIZE IT. I GOT SEPERATED FROM MY KIDS FATHER FROM A REALATIONSHIP OF 6 YEARS. HE LEFT ME FOR A OLDER WOMAN. I WAS SAD BUT NOW IM MAD AND AM NOT LETTING MY SELF GO. MY DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT YOU CAN FIGHT DEPRESSION BY AT LEAST WALKING 1 MILE A DAY. YOU DONT ALWAYS HAVE TO DO YOU BEST HAIR STYLE OR BEST CLOSE JUST DO SOMETHING GOOD FOR YOURSELF ONCE A WHILE.ONCE A MONTH GET TOGETHER WITH FRIENDS AND TALK. IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN SOMETIME ITS HARDER BUT YOU WILL BE OKY. THATS WHY WE ARE HERE. I KNOW THAT IT HAS HELP ME TO.
    EVANGELINA595

Answer by EVANGELINA595 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• yes you might want to,i think i get bouts of depression.i have alot of stree now.im sad,sleep alot,dont want to work out.eat a lot of junk food.just not interested in anything..talk to someone you trust,sometimes that helps me
    Anonymous

• yeah you want to talk to someone and maybe think about medications if it helps. Dont suffer in silence. There is no shame in mental illness. Its no different than a broken leg. Just because we cant see the problem doesnt mean it isnt real and like a broken leg it may just be a temporary low that you need help getting over. Like I said before there is no shame in asking for help with depression only shame in not getting it. Help is just a phone call away hun. Make the call ;)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2008